The Physike's Garden Gin
Many spirits started life as medical treatments: - Brandy, Gin, Chartreuse, Benedictine and many more. Physike's Gin is crafted by distilling our vodka with 20 herbs that have been used medicinally in many cultures for hundreds and in some instances thousands of years.
Historically accurate. Each herb would have been grown by medieval physicians and used to treat many different ailments. Although we make no health claims whatsoever, we do think this makes one very special gin.
All herbs used are either native, naturalized or sustainable as annuals here on Prince Edward Island. 46% abv. from the 46th parallel.
Our newly planted herb garden will showcase each herb used in its production.
Flavour notes (not all herbs used are listed)
- Floral from Rose petals, Sweet Violets, Lavender and Chamomile
- Herbaceous from Rose Bay Willow Herb, Borage, Hyssop, Lemon Verbena and Lemon Balm
- Sweetness from Fennel and Sweet Cicely
- Balance from traditional use of Orris and Angelica
- Classic Gin Bitters from Juniper and enhanced with Spruce Tips, Dandelion Root, Burdock Root and Tansy